Dr. William C. Johnston, a native of Monroe, Louisiana, graduated from Neville High School in 1971. He served four years in the United States Navy and two years in the reserves as hospital corpsman, lab tech. He graduated from the University of Louisiana, Monroe in 1979 in Pre Dentistry. He then went on to attend Louisiana State University School of Dentistry, graduating in 1983 in New Orleans. He moved back to Monroe with his wife, Kim, and two daughters, Carrie and Rebecca.
He opened his dental practice in the summer of 1983 in Monroe. Dr. William has been happily married to his wife Kim Johnston for 42 years.
Dr. Johnston attends many continuing education seminars throughout the year. He completed post-graduate programs from Case Western Reserve University in Esthetic (Cosmetic) Dentistry, in 1992 and Baylor College of Dentistry in 1995. He is a member of the American Dental Association, Better Business Bureau, and the Monroe Chamber of Commerce.
Dr. Johnston is active in his community and church. He is a 2003 graduate of “Leadership Ouachita” from the Monroe Chamber of Commerce. His office supports many community programs such as Lifeshares Blood Center, ARCO, and is a strong supporter of the Louisiana National Guard. He is a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.
Dr. Johnston is an avid hunter and sportsman. He is past president of Tupawek Archery Club and Northeast Louisiana Archery Association. He likes to deer and duck hunt and loves to go out west to hunt elk with his bow.
Dr. Johnston belongs to the following memberships:
● American Dental Association
● Louisiana Dental Association
● Northeast Louisiana Dental Association
● D.O.C.S. Dental Organization for Conscious Sedation
● Monroe Chamber of Commerce
● Monroe Better Business Bureau
● Neville High School
● University of Louisiana Monroe
● Louisiana State University Dental School
● Monroe Chamber of Commerce Leadership Ouachita
● George Washington University
Post Graduate Programs:
● Case Western University Dental School Esthetic Dentistry Level 1
● Baylor University Dental School Esthetic Dentistry Level 2
● University of Tennessee in Implant Dentistry
● Rivertown Award of Excellence Nominee: 2002 & 2004
● United States Navy: 1972-1978